Contact & Directions
For conference guests of the HWK the institute generally arranges hotel accommodation and sends maps of the region. Hotels and guesthouses are also listed under the following link:
Stadtmarketing Delmenhorst / Hotels
It takes about fifteen minutes from Delmenhorst railway station to the “Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg” bus stop which is served by bus routes 201 or 206. In the evenings, on Sundays and holidays, this route is operated by route number 216.
Several different taxi companies operate in the Delmenhorst area. Please tell the taxi driver that you are a guest of the HWK. The following taxi companies are currently active in Delmenhorst:
- Euro Taxi, phone: +49 (0) 42 21-12 12 12
- Taxi, Avci, phone: +49 (0) 42 21-94 44 44
- Taxen-Zentrale August Bitter, phone: +49 (0) 42 21-5 22 22, -80 80 80 and -9 88 10
- Taxi Ammen-Tönjes, phone +49 (0) 42 21 91 60 60
- Taxi Scholz, phone: +49 (0) 42 21-12 00 07
- Taxi Zentrale Hense, phone: +49 (0) 42 21-22 888 and -20 888
From the Delmenhorst railway station the HWK can be reached easily by taxi in seven to ten minutes. Trains between Delmenhorst and Bremen take ten to fifteen minutes and between Oldenburg and Delmenhorst twenty to thirty minutes.
The closest airport is in Bremen. From there, depending on traffic, the HWK can be reached by taxi in twenty to thirty minutes.
Take the A 28 from Bremen or Oldenburg to Delmenhorst, exit Delmenhorst-Deichhorst, then take the B 213 towards Stadtmitte; 200 meters after the roundabout and just before the first (pedestrian) traffic light turn left into “Lehmkuhlenbusch”.