The promotion of young researchers is of special interest to the Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg. For this purpose, a post-doctoral program was created, which aims to support talented young scientists and scholars by organizing their own workshop and giving them the opportunity to participate in HWK events. Membership within the Postdoc Program is limited to a period of three years. Applications are accepted based on the annual call for applications. Applications must be submitted by the end of February.
Call for Applications
Applications for Associate Junior Fellowships within the framework of the HWK Postdoc Program are currently accepted.
Application deadline: February 29, 2020 at midnight (CET).
Please find more information on the program and on the application procedure below.
Benefits of being a member of the HWK Postdoc Program:
- Status as HWK Associate Junior Fellow (non-resident member of the HWK Fellowship community) for a period of three years
- organization of your own workshop/ symposium with relevant national and international speakers and participants; HWK provides financial support and infrastructure (rooms, organization of catering and accommodation, technical support etc.)
- integration into HWK academic networks of Fellows, alumni, as well as of regional, national, and international partners
- entitlement to participate in HWK events (e.g., Fellow Lectures, workshops, public events and receptions)
- specific events for current and former Associate Junior Fellows (e.g., talks/ discussions with outstanding personalities from academia, arts, politics, skill workshops, meetings with HWK Fellows in residence)
- presentation of the current research project in a Fellow Lecture for resident Fellows and staff members
- strategic support with career planning and networking by HWK staff
Requirements for the application:
- Applicants must be current postdocs or Junior Professors at the University of Bremen, University of Oldenburg, Jacobs University or at one of the extra-university academic institutions of the northwest region (any research field).
- outstanding CV and publication record
- clear idea of a workshop/ symposium to promote one’s visibility and academic networks
- willingness for interdisciplinary communication